New versions of our Logix ICF instructional manuals will soon be available!
The US version of the Logix ICF Field Guide has been released this week and the Canadian Field Guide is expected to be released next week.
Work is underway to have all these manuals available on the Logix ICF Technical Library by the end of next week. They will also be available through your local Logix ICF Territory Manager or by emailing [email protected]
There are many updates made to these instruction manuals including:
- newly designed layout,
- better illustrations and more detailed Section 2, Install Guide, (ref Figure1)
- addition of new products and accessories, such as the V12, XP-1 Curb Block, Wall Plate Inserts, and Buck Brace,
- updated and new CAD drawings in Section 5 including a graphic table of contents to make it easier to find drawings (ref figure 2)
- re-organized CAD drawings reflecting the new table of contents
One of the major changes is the addition of new prescriptive tables for both the US and Canada under Section 6 of the Design Manual. Updates were necessary to bring it up to date on current design and building codes.
With the roll-out of the new prescriptive tables it is important to take note of a few related changes:
- The One Minute Engineer app will no longer be available as this app is based on the older prescriptive tables. We are currently working on having a popup message appear to inform current users, and to direct them to the new prescriptive tables.
- To make managing the One Minute Engineer app easier and more efficient for everyone we will be switching to a web-based version, which will work on all devices. An anticipated release date has not been set, but once we determine the scope of work required, we can provide updates.
- Because there will be an overlap between the old prescriptive engineering and the new version (both versions will be in circulation once the new prescriptive tables are released) it is important that all users of the prescriptive tables switch to the new version on new projects not yet in the design phase.